Tuesday, November 27, 2007

i had a wonderful birthday!! thanks a whole lot guys!
i'm touched.
(`:
i know over the past year there's a lot more stuff i could have done to be a better friend to you all..like being more in touch with your lives, and i'm sorry for the times i've let any of you down or discouraged any of you with my insensitive words or actions ):
but you guys have been the greatest friends on earth and i'm reaaaallly blessed to have you all in my life(:

anyway, my piano exam wasnt too good:/ i had so many regrets after coming out of the exam room! hahaha

regret #1: playing without the score- STUPID MISTAKE. you dont need to play without the score but my teacher wanted me to..but i could have just opened the book and put it in front of me!!! so each time i got distracted i forgot bits of the music and ended up either making up notes or playing just the right hand.
(note i said each time. it happened more than once)

regret #2: telling the examiner i was 17 instead of 16. it was only after i came out of the exam room when i remembered that the very reason i wanted to take my exam before my bday was precisely so that i could say that i was 16! apparently the younger you are, the more impressed the examiner will be, and possibly be more lenient? sighh. stupid me.

regret #3: stalling when the examiner asks what i want to do in the future. denise take note: the politically correct answer is i would love to do music! actually i think anybody in the right state of mind would give that answer. but i didn't! i just went 'uhhhhh....i'm not really sure yet.' examiner: 'so is music going to play a part in your future?' me: 'uhh. i haven't really decided.'
ohhhh didn't i wish to slap myself after that!

sigh. but i wasnt really thinking then. i guess after my playing i was just rather shaken about my mistakes. ohwell. but God was such a comfort after my exam. i was so scared i wouldn't pass (and still am) but He reminded me through Jeremiah 17:7 to put my confidence in Him and not my playing(:
i hope i'll never forget this exam experience though..how i've never depended on Him so much before, and how He just provided every single thing i needed!
relearning 3 pieces 3 days before my exam was no doubt traumatic, but thank God i managed to get it done! and my programme notes- i'm really thankful for such a supportive mom and a photoshop-savvy bro!
Jehovah Jireh, my Provider(:
oh the exam room was super cold. SUPER COLD. at least i went there for studio practise twice so i was prepared. i wore four layers of clothes! haha. and i brought a heat pack to keep my fingers warm. hehe.
but yay i'm just relieved my exam's over((:
all the best dee!! i wont be in spore to wish you on the day of your exam, but ive confidence that you'll do well! really.
alrightt i shall end my post here. happy holidays to you all-enjoy it we all deserve a break!! :D

LOVE LOTS
cheryl

No comments: